Makes 1 serving
This warm beverage is a sort of exercise in careful control, with the charged shock of coffee breathing life into the smooth hot cocoa. It is only the sort of thing you should get ready as you settle down with a decent book on a snowy evening. In the event that you might want to spike it, include a dose of amaretto, rum, or crème de cacao.
- 1 cup entire milk
- One 3-inch cinnamon stick or ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon bubbling water
- 2 ounces hot blended coffee or Italian-or French-cook espresso arranged in a Moka pot (“A Coffee Primer”)
- Warmth the milk and cinnamon in a little pot over low warmth until steaming. Expel from the warmth and spread. Let represent 5 minutes. Lift out and dispose of the cinnamon stick.
- Blend the sugar and cocoa (and ground cinnamon, if utilizing) together in aenormous espresso cup. Blend in the bubbling water to make a glue. Mix in the hot milk. Come back to the pot and mix until exceptionally hot, however not bubbling. Blend in the coffee. Empty again into the mug and serve hot.